Advertising/Account Executives work as part of an account team assisting with or leading many aspects of client work and project management.
- Works with the account lead to develop and implement online fundraising/advocacy campaigns with specific benchmarks and deliverables, including email newsletters and solicitations, fundraising appeals, advocacy campaigns and more.
- Manages online media buys including display, email, social network advertising.
- Creates strategic media plans including developing ad creatives and negotiating buy placements.
- Builds and maintain relationships with online publishers and researches new ad venues.
- Assists with creative services, including writing/editing Web fundraising copy, promotional copy and email newsletters and solicitations
- Coordinates email message production and implementation with internal departments and clients
- Pulls performance data and other metrics; produces in-depth reports.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in one of the following areas of work: advocacy, fundraising, electoral campaigning, project management, event planning, Internet marketing, direct response
- Terrific project management skills
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Excellent communicator, strong writer and speaker
- Self-starter, good at working independently
- Flexible, able to meet short deadlines and thrive in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated knowledge and interest in online fundraising and advertising, email marketing and advocacy
- Excellent computer skills – Word, Excel, database, Internet
- Technology-oriented, with the ability and desire to understand how online fundraising, marketing and advocacy technology works.
- Experience with Convio, Kintera Sphere, or DIA
- Experience with nonprofit fundraising or advocacy
- Basic HTML and other web tools experience
- Previous experience in a client service role
- Positive “can-do” attitude
- Pro-active problem solver
- Committed to progressive social issues, including the environment, foreign policy, aid and development, human rights, women’s rights, GLBT issues, electoral politics etc.
- Willingness to travel, mainly to Washington, DC, and New York, at most a few days per quarter