Advertising/Account Executives work as part of an account team assisting with or leading many aspects of client work and project management.
- Works with the account lead to develop and implement online fundraising/advocacy campaigns with specific benchmarks and deliverables, including email newsletters and solicitations, fundraising appeals, advocacy campaigns and more.
- Manages online media buys including display, email, social network advertising.
- Creates strategic media plans including developing ad creatives and negotiating buy placements.
- Builds and maintain relationships with online publishers and researches new ad venues.
- Assists with creative services, including writing/editing Web fundraising copy, promotional copy and email newsletters and solicitations
- Coordinates email message production and implementation with internal departments and clients
- Pulls performance data and other metrics; produces in-depth reports.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in one of the following areas of work: advocacy, fundraising, electoral campaigning, project management, event planning, Internet marketing, direct response
- Terrific project management skills
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Excellent communicator, strong writer and speaker
- Self-starter, good at working independently
- Flexible, able to meet short deadlines and thrive in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated knowledge and interest in online fundraising and advertising, email marketing and advocacy
- Excellent computer skills – Word, Excel, database, Internet
- Technology-oriented, with the ability and desire to understand how online fundraising, marketing and advocacy technology works.
- Experience with Convio, Kintera Sphere, or DIA
- Experience with nonprofit fundraising or advocacy
- Basic HTML and other web tools experience
- Previous experience in a client service role
- Positive “can-do” attitude
- Pro-active problem solver
- Committed to progressive social issues, including the environment, foreign policy, aid and development, human rights, women’s rights, GLBT issues, electoral politics etc.
- Willingness to travel, mainly to Washington, DC, and New York, at most a few days per quarter
This is full-time position based either in Berkeley, CA or Washington, DC. Excellent benefits include paid health and dental care, a 401(k) pension program with company match, and 3 weeks paid vacation. Salary is commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please email your résumé and a writing sample to: email@example.com. No phone calls please.
About the job:
The ideal candidate works as part of the production team assisting with or leading many aspects of email implementation and web development projects. The Junior Web Developer will work with the Senior Web Developer to code email messages and develop web pages, micro-sites, social media apps, and more.
- Slicing, optimizing, and exporting Photoshop comps
- Coding & implementing emails into a CMS system
- Creating custom landing and donation pages
- Other duties to support design and production staff
- Must show excellent attention to detail
- Excellent coding and debugging skills!
- Experience with Convio, DIA Salsa, and/or Kintera systems
- Expert in hand coding HTML and CSS
- Ability to code cutting-edge designs that validate and follow accessibility guidelines
- Ability to code table-based designs with inline CSS for use in emails
- Ability to use Photoshop to slice and optimize files from our web designer
- Skillful in the use of JSON/AJAX techniques
- Familiar with the use of Social Website’s APIs to engage users
- Familiar with the use of regular expressions to validate and alter data
- Strong knowledge of PHP, such as using PHP for templating, and for storing and retrieving data from MySQL databases
- Intermediate knowledge of MySQL, especially important is knowledge of database security, and table layout and indexing efficiency
- Knowledge of Flash and ActionScript, especially as it pertains to embedding and controlling video
- Ability to code sites that work well across browsers and platforms
- Ability to code emails that work well in across clients and platforms
- Familiar with Mac and Windows operating systems
Not Required Qualifications, but a huge plus:
- Proficiency in Photoshop
- Ability to edit and encode video content
- Familiar with the coding of Flash Games
- Experience building and deploying applications in Facebook
Steps to apply:
Please direct all submissions to jobs[at]donordigital.com and include ALL of the following (along with “Junior Web Developer — [Your Name]” in the subject line):
- Cover letter — Who are you, and why are you our next exceptional employee?
- 3-year salary history
No phone calls please.
Mal Warwick | Donordigital is an equal opportunity employer.